An experienced course trainer will help you master Project Management Fundamentals with an emphasis on soft skills. You’ll become a valued member of your project team by discovering and mastering the critical concepts you need to plan, implement, and close any type of project. By participating in exercises and discussions in the Project Management Workshop class, participants acquire a working understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) and as per ISO 21500, Guidance on Project Management Standard. The course also primarily includes workshops and activities to help participants better understand their roles’ expectations and to develop specific skills to deal with challenging situations. It will also provide a basic understanding and will enhance the participants’ capabilities to use Microsoft Project for planning projects and project schedules.
Select and Register for Project Management Workshop
Courses Schedule Shortly Updated Soon...
What You Get in Class
- 21 PMI® Contact Hours: Each Contact Hour is 1 PDU
- Project Management Workshop Course Material
- Glossary of Project Management Terms and Definitions
- Project Victor Course completion certification
- Dr. Petros Rigas is President of PMI Thailand Chapter (profile on PMI Thai website).
- He is a Project Management consultant and trainer for Project Victor.
- Petros is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP® #1258917).
- Petros is a certified Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP® #2033120).
- Petros is Vice President at Loxley Public Company Limited.
- Petros oversees and manages mega-projects (Information Technology, Airport-related, CCTV-related, Transport-related, and Power Infrastructure) in various industries.
- He is a commercial contract manager, reviewer, and advisor.
- Petros teaches part-time at King Mongkut University of Technology (Thonburi) – Graduate School of Management and Innovation (Master Degree in Project Management).
- He is an invited lecturer at Chulalongkorn University.
- He holds a Doctorate of Philosophy in Information, a Master of Business Administration Degree in Information Systems, as well as a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Computer Information Systems.
- Petros has trained more than 3000 program/project managers, project engineers, project coordinators, and project team members since 2010.
- Petros has helped certify more than 80 Project Management Professionals (PMP) since 2015.
What Participants Will Learn
- Initiate a project by identifying the key stakeholders
- Document the needs and priorities of key stakeholders and communicate effectively their project objectives
- Develop a strategy to manage key stakeholders on their projects
- Develop a project scope statement, WBS, and a network diagram.
- Identify risks on projects and understand the risk management process and how to apply it on projects.
- Learn and develop effective communication and negotiation techniques
- Establish project controls to ensure a successful outcome
- Monitor project activities and effectively assess progress
- Report status and performance efficiently and effectively
- Project Managers wishing to formalize their skills and improve their soft skills in managing project team members
- Senior Managers and/or members of Project Teams who wish to broaden their understanding of the Project Management Framework and its essential disciplines.
Participants will, at the end of the training, have understanding on project management complexity and purpose, learn internationally standardized terminology and tools – identifying their individual areas for necessary improvement in order to better (efficiently, effectively and in an accountable manner) serve corporate objectives – and will be able to independently put in place essential project structure, manage stakeholders and risks and transfer this basic project structure (time-plan if nothing else) in MS Project software.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
No pre-requisites required.
Three Days (equivalent to 21 Contact Hours or Professional Development Units – PDUs)
Introduction and Project Management Concepts
- What is Project Management?
- Project vs. Operations
- Program Management
- Portfolio Management
- Factors Affecting Project Success
- Project Management Benefits
- Benefits Management
- Project Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- The Importance of Soft Skills in Managing Projects
- Project Phases
- Project Management Process
- Project Lifecycle, Characteristics, and Examples
- Importance of Phase Reviews
- Product Lifecycle
- Organizational Culture and Styles
- Organizational Communications
- Organizational Structures
- Stakeholder Roles
- Project Team
- Statement of Work
- Resource Preassigned
- Project Goals and Objectives
- Project Constraints
- Project Assumptions
- Project Approval Requirements
- High-level Risks
- Project Charter and its Elements
- Project Charter Influences
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Involvement in Projects
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Stakeholder Classification Models
- Stakeholder Power/Interest Grid and Salience Models
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create a WBS
- Define and Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources and Durations
- Develop Project Schedule
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Plan for Quality Management
- Role of the Project Manager
- Role of the Project Sponsor
- Role of the Stakeholders
- RAM and RACI Charts
Plan for Quality Management
Plan for Risk Management
- Communications Requirements Analysis
- Communications Models
- Project Manager Soft Skills: Managing Perceptions
- Project Manager Soft Skills: Effective Listening
- Project Manager Soft Skills: The Role of the Project Manager in Communication
- Communication Types
- The Project Manager as a Communications Manager
- Communications Matrix
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Acquire Project Team
- Develop Project Team
- Manage Project Team
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
- Control Costs
- Control Quality
- Control Risks
Copyright © 2017. Project Victor Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
PMI, PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PMBOK and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Project Victor is a registered mark of Project Victor Co., Ltd. The certification names are the trademarks of their respective owners. View Disclaimer