An experienced Project Management Professional will help you master Project Management Fundamentals. You’ll become an indispensable member of your project team by discovering and mastering the critical concepts you need to plan, implement, control and close any type of project.
If you’re new to project management, this course will provide you with the essential information you’ll need to prepare for and complete your first project. If you’re an experienced project manager, this course will make you more valuable to your employer by increasing your skills and competencies. By participating in exercises and discussions in the Project Management Fundamentals class, students acquire a working understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Select and Register for Project Management Fundamentals
What You Get in Class
- 14 PMI® Contact Hours: Each Contact Hour is 1 PDU
- Project Management Fundamentals’ Course Material
- Project Victor Course completion certification
- Pens, Pencils, Markers, Eraser
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Drinks, Refreshments and Snacks
- Highly experienced speaker and trainer
- Certified Project Management Professional PMP®
- Certified Risk Management Professional PMI-RMP®
- Vice President at one of the largest Thai Telecommunications conglomerates
- Managed large Projects and Programs in Thailand and South East Asia
- Director and Volunteer at PMI Thailand Chapter in the last 7 years
- Instructor at various Thai and International Universities in Thailand
- Passionate about Project Management
What You’ll Learn
- Manage a project through each stage of the project management life cycle
- Document the needs and priorities of key stakeholders
- Develop a project scope statement that includes detailed description of the project deliverables
- Develop a project plan that balances scope, time, cost, and risk
- Establish project controls to ensure a successful outcome
- Monitor project activities and effectively assess progress
- Report status and performance efficiently and effectively
- Collect lessons learned and create a project archive that contributes to an organization’s experience base
- Project Managers wishing to formalize their skills and/or to revisit fundamental principles.
- Members of Project Teams who wish to broaden their understanding of the Project Management Framework and its essential disciplines.
- Technical specialists/engineers moving into a project management/team leadership role, or working for a project manager.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
No pre-requisites required.
2 days. PMPs are eligible for 14 PDUs
- Project Management Concepts
- Project Management Institute (PMI®) framework
- Project management life cycle
- Role of the project manager
- Project charter
- Stakeholder identification and assessment
- Progressive elaboration
- Planning around project constraints
- SMART objectives
- Converting objectives into requirements
- Decomposition of requirements into a work breakdown structure
- Developing a work breakdown structure dictionary
- Principles of estimating time and cost
- Analyzing work and estimating duration of work packages
- Determining sequence of work packages
- Network diagramming and critical path analysis
- Budgeting resources and cost control
- Ensuring that all management responsibility areas are included in the project plan
- Analyzing risks for probability and impact
- Mitigating and planning risk contingencies
- Preparing baselines for scope, time, and cost
- Obtaining stakeholder sign-off
- Team-building principles and priorities
- Status and performance reporting
- Management by exception
- Keeping stakeholders informed and involved
- Steering performance back to the baseline
- Integrated change controls
- Transitioning the product or service
- Capturing lessons learned for the organization
- Final report to stakeholders
All workshops can be customized to suit your requirements, using a project scenario from your workplace as a case study.
Project Victor is a leading Project Management Training and Consulting services provider in Thailand and South East Asia.
PMP® is the registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Copyright © 2018. Project Victor Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
PMI, PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PMBOK and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Project Victor is a registered mark of Project Victor Co., Ltd. The certification names are the trademarks of their respective owners. View Disclaimer