Microsoft Project provides the flexible and intuitive tools and solutions to help create the project plan, track progress, adjust resources as needed, and make the project more visible, so that others can see the status of a project. In this Microsoft Project training course, you gain the skills to manage and maintain control of multiple projects more efficiently for your organization.
The overall aim of this course is to train participants on the use of Microsoft Project software and enable them to discover most of its features. Participants will be able to develop project schedules and calendars, customize different charts, views and tables. The course also aims at training participants on different project related techniques such as resources assignments and leveling, tracking progress and consolidating project plans. Participants will learn how to do deep scheduling, resource capacity planning, progress tracking and status reporting. Participants will learn industry standard best practices for project management using Microsoft Project.
Select and Register for Managing Projects with Microsoft Project
What You Get in Class
- Soft copy of all exercises and case studies discussed
- 2-Days at a reputable hotel that includes 2 coffee breaks and International Buffet lunch
- PMI® Contact Hours: Each Contact Hour is 1 PDU (Total of 14 Contact Hours/PDUs for full course)
- Highly experienced speaker and trainer
- Certified Project Management Professional PMP®
- Certified Risk Management Professional PMI-RMP®
- Vice President at one of the largest Thai Telecommunications conglomerates
- Managed large Projects and Programs in Thailand and South East Asia
- Director and Volunteer at PMI Thailand Chapter in the last 7 years
- Instructor at various Thai and International Universities in Thailand
- Passionate about Project Management
Participants will learn the following skills in this course:
- Creating and initializing a new project: Learn how to create and maintain calendars, custom fields and customize settings for the project.
- Creating and modifying task based schedules: Define project properties, task structure, create a schedule model, and manage shared projects.
- Managing assignments and resources efficiently: Manage resource allocation using Team Planner, and assign costs by applying resource-rate table.
- Tracking and analyzing the progress of a project: Understand how to create and maintain baselines, monitor and compare the progress of the project; and resolve any issues in the schedule.
- Communicating project related information: Learn about making the project information available for reporting, sharing and viewing.
Project schedulers, project planners, project coordinators, project managers, members of project office and anyone interested in project management.
The course relies heavily on hands-on training using Microsoft Project software. The methods used will also include a mix of interactive techniques; brief presentations by the consultant and the participants, group exercises and discussions.
Basic Knowledge of Project Management
A laptop with an installation of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 (On Premise Solution). Note: Microsoft provides 1-month trial version of the software.
Two Days (equivalent to 14 Contact Hours or Professional Development Units – PDUs)
About Microsoft Project 2016
Microsoft Project Basics
Setting up a Project
Managing Resources Basics
- Creating the WBS
- Creating the Activity List
- Activity Sequencing
- Applying Leads and Lags
- Estimating Activity Resources
- Estimating Activity Duration
- Developing the Project Schedule Network Diagram
- Determining the Critical Path
- Using the Variance Table
- Checking for Variances
- Display Work Variances
- Display Cost Variances
- Case Study: Tracking Costs
- Case Study: Cost Resources (best practice)
- Case Study: Tracking the Schedule
- Case Study: Using Subprojects
- Using Resource Pools
- Working with Different Projects
Copyright © 2018. Project Victor Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
PMI, PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PMBOK and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Project Victor is a registered mark of Project Victor Co., Ltd. The certification names are the trademarks of their respective owners. View Disclaimer